In this episode of Raising The Bar Podcast, Allison talks with Amie Reynolds. Amie is the co-owner of CertaPro of NE San Antonio. She serves as the Business Manager. Prior to CertaPro, Amie was an Active Duty Medical Service Corp Officer in the United States Army. She still serves in the Army Reserves today. She is married and has two children. She enjoys road trips and being a Cub Scout Den Leader.
Amie purchased her franchise, CertaPro Painters of NE San Antonio with her brother Anthony in 2011 when they both left Active-duty Army to start a new path in life. The last eleven years have been an amazing journey of growing the business from a home-based operation to now a multi-million-dollar business located in the heart of New Braunfels, TX. She also continues to serve in the US Army Reserve. Amie is married to Richard Reynolds, and they have two beautiful children. They are a very active family involved in sports and the scouting program, as well as members and volunteers at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in Selma.
Are you ready to Raise the Bar?
Make sure to take away the notes!
[00:26] Who is Amie Reynolds?
[03:13] How does Amie use EOS and Traction to stay organized in her business?
- If you create a process, you have to stick to it.
- Amie’s military background helped her create and follow a standard operating procedure.
- Visionary vs Implementer
[05:53] Sometimes, shelving ideas is a good decision!
[06:43] Not Everything is done at the same time!
- We don’t have to move mountains every single day; just take the baby steps.
- We have to be realistic in prioritizing daily tasks.
[07:41] Amie’s take on the Commercial Real Estate business!
- You need to have a diversified portfolio in commercial real estate.
- Amie was a finalist for “Women Business Owner” of the year.
[10:38] How do deployments affect Workflow?
- You must get out of the day-to-day minutiae to see the big problems and the rewarding
- See every day as an opportunity!
[14:10] There is a process for everything!
- We should enjoy the process even when things don’t go in our favor.
- What is “How much to communicate with the Customer?” in business?
- How much is too much?
[19:07] Employees are not children but family in the business.
- Amie’s business grew with customers’ love and support.
[19:50] Amie’s Best Piece of Advice for ‘Processising’ your Business!
- Everybody that works within the business brings something to the table; they have a piece of the Pie.
- You have to understand that things change.
“You have to love the people that you are around.”
“It’s just baby steps every day!”
“Everything you do has a reason you are doing it with the consistency of it.”
Thanks for checking out the show. Be sure to subscribe and leave a review.
If you have an idea or topic for the show, or maybe you want to be on the display, visit us at https://raisingthebar.live.
Reach out to Amie Reynolds:
Connect with Allison:
LinkedIn: Allison De Paoli
Please email her at [email protected]
Available on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and other major podcasting platforms